What is a shirtdress? It’s literally exactly what it sounds like: a shirt that is long enough to be considered a dress. A typical shirtdress looks like a long button-down shirt, and you can either buy them that way or get creative and make your own out of an over-sized shirt. Shirtdresses are casual and easy to wear, making them perfect for the warmer days of spring and summer. They’re versatile and can be easily dressed up or down, they have a very street-chic vibe going on, and there’s also something really sexy about them – they kind of look like you just rolled out of bed and forgot pants. Well In all seriousness, a shirtdress, when styled right, looks very chic and cool and totally Pinterest or insta-worthy. If you don't have one then better invest in a good one now,You can get a lot right now at Zara , H & M OR Twist N Wraps . My Recommendation you do so now – or, like I said, create your own with an over-sized shirt. Here are 18 style tips on how to wear a shirtdress to get you inspired:
1. Keep it simple with a denim shirtdress, a cute hat, and fun sneakers.
3. Keep things casual with a pair of slip-on sneakers like Rihana
4. On chillier days, add sheer tights and combat boots.
5. Not into showing off your legs? Wear a shorter shirtdress over skinny jeans. Add heels to keep the look streamlined.
6. Don’t be afraid to mix prints. This patterned jacket looks cool with the striped dress because of the similar colors.
7. Use a scarf instead of a belt to nip the in at the waist.
8. Or use a regular belt to show off your waist. Birkenstocks give the outfit a ’90s vibe.
9. Add fun accessories like a pretty scarf, a straw hat, and a patterned bag.
10. Keep a striped shirtdress casual with sneakers and a denim jacket or elevate the casual look with nice sandals.
11. On cooler days, layer a sweater over your shirtdress to almost make it look like a skirt.
12. Wear your shirtdress with low-heeled ankle boots for a touch of chic glamour. Surely My Favourite airport style.
13. Make good use of a crop top by wearing it over your shirtdress. Source
14. Layer an open-button down shirt over your shirtdress or wear jacket over highlow shirtdress.
15. If you’re not into bare legs, wear your shirtdress over a pair of leggings.
16. Sometimes all you need are a pair of strappy sandals and a simple belt to look chic and glamourous.
17. Gladiator sandals look cool and unexpected with an oversize shirtdress.
18. A chambray shirtdress looks classicly cool with a pair of platform sandals.
Let us know if you know more style ideas for shirtdress & we will feature you on our page & instagram . We like to hear from you.